Monday, January 22, 2007

Biltmore Trip Friday 1/26

It is not to late to sign on to the Biltmore trip. If you are interested, please contact Barbara Hart at pbjhart1@verizon.net or 488-9039. As a passholder, I am entitled to 4 free adult passes during the month of January. Children under the age of 16 are free and any additional adult passes are $10.00 each. So this is a wonderful opportunity to see the estate for a drastically reduced price.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I think the following families have committed to this trip, the Tysons (2 adults, 1 child), the Shells (1 adult, 2 children), the Taylors (1 adult, 2 children), the Winchesters (1 adult, 1 child). I am not sure about the status of the Wilcox family (Bonnie, can you let me know?). In order to be equitable to all, I am asking that each adult pay a portion of the entry fee. For example, if we have five adults attending (in addition to myself), I am asking that each adult pay $2.00.

We should be able to tour the house and conservatory before lunch. Jesse and I will be planning to purchase lunch on the Estate. I think you can brown bag lunch. I think they have some tables outside for this purpose. If the weather is nice some (or all) of us can tour the gardens or tour the recently opened horse barn (near the winery) after lunch. We can also tour the winery after lunch if people are interested.

I know some folks have another event scheduled for the afternoon and if they want to leave before lunch, that is fine too.

We will meet at the front gate of the estate at 10:00 am. If you enter the estate and turn left at the first available turn around, you can park in front of the gift shop (since I doubt we will all arrive at the exact same moment). My cell number is 736-1801. FYI.

To make the most of this as an educational experience, there is a student resource guide which you might want to check out. Go to www.biltmore.com/special/educational/schoolprograms.shtml On the right hand side of this page is a place to download the resource guide. Other information about the estate can best be accessed by going to the site map portion of their website (I find it difficult to find information on this site except via this method).

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.
Barb

No comments: